Nov 20, 2006

BLUDGEON "Body Lure" 7"



It bums me out whenever I go to rip a 7" that I was in the mood to put up on here, and then as I'm listening to it, it starts skipping. Therefore ruining my chances of putting it into MP3 format. This happened twice tonight, first with the Falling Down 7" (Pre-Day of Suffering) and Chicago's Everlast 7" (not Whitey Ford the rapper). Oh well, life goes on...

So I decided to settle on this 2 songer. I normally can remember a lot about bands and when or why I bought their releases. This 7" is not the case thought. I think the only reason I mail-ordered this back in the day was for 2 reasons; 1. they were a straight edge band and 2. its from the same label that put out a pretty kick ass 7" comp with Integrity / Catharsis / Backlash / & Congress (which will eventually be on here) .

I believe that Bludgeon was a band from the Reno, NV area. They have that whole evil straight edge thing going on that was big for a few years around this time. I mean hell, they thank "Satan and... the Straight Edge!" The 7" is also complete with a Star Wars sample which will also show you the era it was from. For some reason Star Wars was huge with the Straight Edge scene and then so was Calvin and Hobes. Why? I have no fucking clue. Anyway these guys were definitely influenced by the likes of Integrity but pulled off more with the skills of Chokehold. The 7" says it's from a pressing of 200 (mine is stamped 092) and is on clear vinyl. So I don't know if that means there were only 200 pressed all together or if that only indicates the colored vinyl. Either way I wouldn't expect to find this anywhere soon so check out the mp3s and maybe you'll like it.


BLUDGEON "Body Lure" 7"
Released 1994 on Area 51 Records from Reno, NV.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u1z172872422gbe/Bludgeon.zip
1. Body Lure
2. Darkside

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post, not too many people seem to know about this band. There also a bunch of these on black (the version I have)... Body Lure is one mean track, totally love it. Wonder what happened to this band, seemed to have totally vanished without a trace...

Anonymous said...

Falling Down tracks are on the Lifeforce Day of Suffering reissue, i believe.

Japan Things said...

Thanks for the postt