Nov 17, 2008

COREGASM turns 3

The Coregasm blog has officially turned 3 years old yesterday and with each passing year I always try to share something humorous from the past. This little gem is nothing short of embarrassing. I had this band in 92-93 with two friends that would just jam out in one of the guy’s basement. None of us could really play well and we basically just did it for fun here and there. Well this straight edge beaut of a song somehow got made and here it is for all of you to enjoy.

We went through a slew of different names like Wish Pure and then Object Lesson among others, and we never made an official demo or played any shows. Like I said, it wasn’t a real band just more of a hang out / jam out type of thing. Our real songs were pretty much a combination of Youth of Today mixed with Next Step Up. And after typing that just now, that made me want to go out and start a band that sounds like that today. The band was Mike on drums, me on guitar, and my cohort Will who actually starting Surprise Attack fanzine with me on vocals. Somehow for this song it was me playing drums and Mike and Will on vocals.

We all went to tons of shows together throughout high school allover PA, NY, NJ, and the DC area. Those were great times. We eventually all drifted apart as life took us on different paths. Last I had heard (around ‘95) Mike was a pizza deliver guy and got hit by a drunk driver. He was banged up pretty good and shattered most of his one leg. Will went off to Kutztown College which was a bit of a hardcore Mecca back then. And I moved to Erie around that same time. I hope all of those guys are doing well in life with all of their adventures and if they somehow stumble upon this I’m sure they will be laughing.

xWISH PUREx “Live by the X” (circa 92/93)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DLYFSAQ7

Getting wasted, you think it’s cool.
Doing that shit you’re just a fool.
Tell yourself you’re living fast.
Faster you live, the sooner you die

Live hard!
Live strong!
Live by the X!!!

Look around, it’s going down.
Doing that shit, you’re gonna drown.
Lying in the gutter, Life’s a bitch.
Don’t blame me, you dug your ditch!

Live hard!
Live strong!
Live by the X!!!

STRAIGHT EDGE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice harmonies!