Mar 12, 2006

HENRY ROLLINS - postcard

So I'm sitting in my parents living room watching 120 Minutes on MTV. Rollins is being interviewed by some douche bag English lad acting like he loved Black Flag from the beginning. Rollins mentions that he tries to respond to all of the letters and correspondence that he receives. I'm not really sure why I decided to write him then. Either way I wrote him like a 5 page letter all about being straight edge and what it did for my life. I have no idea why I thought he would care of not, I guess it felt good to put it onto paper or something. A few months later I received this postcard. Kinda cool, I was pretty stoked. Postmarked: 10-20-1992 so my letter to him was probably written mid 1992 at some point.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beyond awesome

Anonymous said...

Man that's so cool.

Tre Till Death said...

Amazing.

xbenx said...

Man, Rollins is fuckin old!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats really fuckin great. I saw rollins speak in NYC last year. He basically jumped up and down on stage for a few hours and ranted about taking a train through siberia. He is a solid mofo.

Anonymous said...

This makes me smile for some reason. I remember writing the guys in endeavor and seaweed and being so stoked getting letters back from them and shit.